Saturday, June 05, 2010

Back to Greenland!

Hello again after a _long_ hiatus! 2008 was the closing year for my previous project, and in the intervening 2 years I've been very busy writing proposals. Fortunately, some of them have been funded, so I will once again be in Cold Climes.

This season my project takes me once again to Summit Station at the top of the Greenland ice sheet. The project involves a traverse from the coast to Summit, and our particular task this season at Summit is to drill a shallow core to help us interpret the measurements we have been collecting along the traverse. So far, there have been a couple of days in transit- yesterday we finally made it to Summit, after flying from upstate New York to Kangerlussuaq, a village on the coast of Greenland. It's been a busy few days with organizing cargo and packing and repacking. But today we finally started staging gear out at our drill site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home