Monday, January 07, 2013

Made it to McMurdo!

Second time's the charm, I suppose- at least for this flight.

We got up early, caught the shuttle to the airport, and when I arrived, the silver lining to this delay was revealed; my lost luggage was waiting for me!  It was great to finally have all the gear that I set out with almost a week ago.

The flight from Christchurch to McMurdo Station is about 8 hours, so plenty of time to read, work, or sleep.  I did a little of all three.  

And pretty much as soon as we arrived, we will hit the ground running.  I have a meeting at 07:30 tomorrow morning, followed at 08:15 by the start of a two-day (overnight) field safety training course.  So, chances are good that I won't manage a blog post while I'm out there...  but I'll tell you all about it when I get back online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home