Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Medical Preparedness

Today saw the enactment of an emergency medical drill. Our new British guests were apparently cooking in their shelter when the stove malfunctioned and then exploded, leaving them with possible carbon monoxide poisoning and several burns. The medical team swung into action, with several certified Emergency Medical Technicians in camp.

Katie Hess and Pat Smith treat John, who is unconscious and possibly suffering from CO poisioning.

Within an hour or so, the casualties had been treated, decisions made regarding evacuation, and the incident was picked apart to see what things went well and what things could be done better next time. Practice makes perfect!


At 20:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who pays for all these adventures on the ice? This looks like an expensive way to have fun.


Post a Comment

<< Home