Sunday, June 04, 2006

Mission of Opportunity II

With Liz's arrival, I'm able to use her neutron density probe to measure densities in the same borehole I ran my Borehole Optical Stratigraphy log in yesterday. Since the probe moves very slowly, it was going to be a long day, so I was up at 5 and out to the site by about 7.


Here's the neutron logging setup; the entire system runs off batteries and solar panels, a real boon when you're on a traverse as Liz has been.

The logging went uneventfully, and actually went faster than I'd anticipated, so I had time to measure part of the borehole again.

For lunch, I'd brought some leftovers. With no microwave, of course, I devised something of a solar oven with my snowmobile windshield and black parka:



Soaking up the solar radiation, my lunch was warm in about 1/2 hour- a
nice treat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home